Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 67 – No More Fat Clothes

Jason is really looking good but it comes with a price, new clothes! Yep, he was beginning to look like a little kid in daddy’s clothes going to work. I donated all the old clothes to the Vietnam Veterans. I love that they come by and pick it up. I told Jason, we are not going back to the old us. Like it or not, we are this size because it is too expensive to be buying a whole new wardrobe every year. If things start getting a little snug, that is just a signal for us to check what we are eating and how much we exercise. After a while we will have built up a new wardrobe of one size, not a mixture of fat and skinny clothes, but clothes that fit every day. Tonight we are going to a formal event and I am really excited about wearing my new outfit. First time in over 10 years that I can say that. Usually I hated the way I looked but now, momma is looking good!

Awww, I love the feel of 123 pounds. I imagine if I wanted to become more skinny I could but that is not my motivation. I am really enjoying where I am at and I know it is here to stay. For the past two weeks I have been weighing in an almost constant 123 pounds. Except a day or two after cheat day, but for the most part I have found my comfort zone. Jason and I talk a lot about what life will be like when the 12 weeks is over. We both agree not much is going to change. I have incorporated cream back into my morning coffee, it is heaven. I was talking to Merica down at our local GNC (in the mall) and I was telling her about my desire to reincorporate dairy to our diet. She said it is good but not every day. Interesting. She said two to three days a week is okay but any more and we risk putting on more weight. Hey, two to three times per week is something I can live with. Every week I still continue to see small changes and I am very happy with how I look. Course, there are two more weeks to go before final pictures are taken, we will see for sure then.

Okay, made a Carey Concoction yesterday. Jason thought it was awesome, you be the judge.

Ham and Pineapple Delight

1 ½ cups of chopped ham

1 can chopped pineapple, drain and reserve juice

½ cup frozen corn

½ cup chicken broth

¼ chopped onion

1 chopped red bell pepper

3 chopped roasted green chilies

3 cloves garlic, chopped

Heat heavy pan and spray with a bit of oil. Saute onion, green chilies, bell pepper, corn and ham. After about 4 minutes add garlic. Saute for one minute and add chicken broth and pineapples and ½ of reserved juice. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low, and allow to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. It was awesome.

Okay, ham isn’t really in the diet but I was out of meat and I had surprise company. You do what you got to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment