Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 56 - Seeing Progress Everyday

I was sitting outside enjoying the afternoon when it occurred to me that I don't notice the cellulite dimples on the tops of my legs as much. Jason began to show me new muscles on his legs that he was quite impressed with. We began to have a conversation about what was so different this time. Both of us have tried to lose weight over the past 10 years with limited success. It always seemed so out of reach for us. Jason thinks it is because this is the first time we are exercising AND eating right. I think there are other reasons, limiting my cheating moments to once per week a huge reason. I used to be slave to my emotions: the worse the day, the worse I would eat.

Another bonus we have noticed is how relaxed we both are. I don't feel wound tight and ready to snap all the time. Unfortunately, this was a major problem in our marriage: my emotions. I would be tired, hungry, or sensitive for any reason and his head was quick to be bit off. I knew this was a problem and had been working on it for some time. Now it seems I don't get riled up at all. I also enjoy looking at myself in the mirror. For many years I stopped looking as it would depress me to see how badly I was aging. Now I am excited and ready to look in the mirror.

I have flat abs for the first time in my life. I never thought I would be blessed with this as I hate doing tons of ab work. The great thing is you don't have to, you just need to burn the fat off that is covering them! This diet has literally changed me inside and out. I have never been so happy in all my life.

Today was cardio and I had a nice strong session. It felt like I was pushing myself but not like it once was. I ended feeling exhausted but refreshed. A really nice way to start the day.

Tonight I made the best Rosemary Lamb Stew. It is super easy and delicious. I got it out of Emeril's New New Orleans Cooking on page 75. Basically, you get your pan super hot. Add olive oil. Use some cajun seasoning and rub it into the lamb meat. Sear sides for about 2 minutes. Add chopped onions,  potatoes, carrots, rutabagas, turnips and cook for a few minutes. Then add some stock (chicken or lamb), garlic, pepper, rosemary and some chopped tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer for a couple of hours. The recipe says 25 minutes, but it needs time to fully incorporate all the nice flavors. Seriously, you won't be disappointed. This was a nice light meal for us. My first time cooking with rutabagas, not bad. Turns out they are very similar to potatoes with much less carbs. Hello rutabaga French fries! Ha ha.


No comments:

Post a Comment