Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 30 - I Have Come So Far!

Wow. I made it 30 days. It almost feels like I have been climbing up this hill and just looked back. The progress I have made is exhilarating! I am really proud of the fact that I have managed to stick to this program and am starting to see some results. Unfortunately the 4:30 am wakeup call still hurts. Jason and I wonder when that will get easier. I suspect it never will as neither of us are morning people. Thank you for helping me stick to it and offer encouragement along the way. It really means a lot to have everyone cheering me on.
Today’s Motivational Quote: Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.  ~Edward Stanley
I love the fact that my family is getting healthy. I really worried about my husband; his blood pressure was getting higher and his belly bigger. I worried he would suffer from a stroke or heart attack. Just having him excited about working out is a blessing. I am not trying to break any records to start competing on the muscle circuit; I just want to be able to put on a bikini and not hate what I see. This helps get me out of bed in the morning if nothing else!
Today I did eat something off the menu but I wouldn’t necessarily call it cheating. I am making jello for my fast day tomorrow (required for colonoscopy on Thursday). All of a sudden it just sounded good..yum…JELLO! I made a few extra flavors and ate one. Yes. I ate the entire box of prepared jello. It was sugar free and only 40 total calories, so I think it was within my bounds to eat.
Today’s workout was Upper Body. We purchased a Tricep Rope for our gym. I used that for my tricep exercise and I really liked how it targeted the muscle group. I wasn’t as strong today in my workout. Today I felt a little weak and unable to life what I had the other day. I still lifted but not nearly as much weight as last time. I guess it is expected to have those days.
This morning we had egg and potato mixed together with some chilies and our one cup of black coffee. For my morning snack I ate ¼ cup black beans, a wasa cracker and some salsa. I love this snack. For lunch I had leftover dinner from last night and had the black bean stuff for my afternoon snack. For dinner we made hamburgers using Emu meat. Oh, this meat tastes sooo good. It is naturally 97 or 98% fat free and its flavor is out of this world.
Hamburgers:
1 lb ground Emu meat
½ onion, chopped
1 TBLS or so (I sprinkled it on there) of Emeril’s Bam Hamburger Seasoning. (this stuff was awesome)
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Mix it all together and make four patties. Grill. Enjoy!
I made some roti flatbread again and they turned out beautiful. I think the difference is I didn’t roll them out as thin. They were heaven. Finally, success!
I rolled one patty up in one roti, topped with mustard and tobacco, added some lettuce and ate!
I made four roti’s and we ate two each. I think that was too much and told Jason we should cut down to just one. He was a little sad to hear that.
The three things I did well today:
1.      Got out of bed and exercised without too much laying around.
2.      Ate my snacks.
3.      Stuck out the exercise program - oh I so wanted to stop
The one thing I am doing better tomorrow:
1.      Drinking my 10 glasses, fell a little short today.


1 comment: