Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 29 - Pushing Past Defeat

Did it again. Today I was 30 seconds to go on level 10 and I stopped. No energy left. I was disappointed as I thought the last time it happened it was just a fluke. I know now it is a wall. Maybe not a tall wall, but a wall just the same. While I would like to think that I could just will my way through it, I believe my body is just responding to a medical issue I have been dealing with. I don’t like to talk about it so I haven’t mentioned it, but it does impact my daily life. I have a colonoscopy scheduled on Thursday to determine why I am bleeding. It started the first week of this program. I have always suffered with some form of irritable bowel issue since I was in my early 20’s. It was debilitating at times, but I was managing okay with salads, fiber supplements and exercise. Then I got pregnant. It turned my entire life upside down and things in that department never worked the same. I have been bleeding off and on for nearly two years but it was never this serious or constant. It was always just occasional and then I would be fine for a few weeks. I hesitated to talk about it before because I didn’t want anyone to think that it was attributed to this new program. I think it may have irritated an already existing problem, but Jason has not been experiencing any of my problems.
Why do I feel so vulnerable right now…Say something! Ha ha. I just imagine if we were having this conversation in person you might be at a loss for words. On that note…today I ate great. It is so hard to not eat just one saltine cracker. My son eats the best stuff and I want so bad to put just one little piece in my mouth. I tell myself no as I am aware each time I cheat, it gets easier to cheat more next time. It does make me feel better to share that temptation!
This morning we ate protein oatmeal with cinnamon again and joined it with a hot cup of black coffee. Yum. At 9:30 I had ¼ cup black beans and a couple spoonfuls of salsa. I ate that with leftover pita bread. For lunch I ate ¼ cup leftover meatballs and marinara sauce with another pita bread. For my afternoon snack I had the last of the meatballs and a wasa cracker. I have been doing really well with my water. If I forget, I wake up in the middle of the night so thirsty. That really sucks as I love my sleep. I did a lot better with my water consumption today.
For dinner we ate another Carey Concoction: Pork Stir Fry
2 pieces of pork loin chops about ½ inch thick and sliced into bite size pieces
sprinkle with salt and pepper
Heat skillet and add 2 tsp peanut oil when fairly hot
Add pork loin and cook until done - remove from pan
Add ½ bell pepper
2 roasted chili peppers
Cook for a short period of time (about 3 - 4 minutes)
add
½ scallion diced
Stir and cook for 2 minutes then add
3 cloves garlic
and 2 green onions, chopped
Add sauce - 1 tsp sesame oil, 2 tsp rice vinegar and 2 TBLS soy sauce
Add in
1 large head of broccoli chopped (for this, I boiled some water and cooked the broccoli for 2 minutes then removed from water and ran cold water over it. This help retains the nice green color. When I got to this point I just added it to the mixture)
2 cups rice
1 small package sugar snap peas
Cook until peas and rice are warm. Enjoy. With all the vegetables, we determined 1 cup was an appropriate serving size.
The three things I did well today:
1.      I did not cheat, not even an ity, bity piece of saltine cracker.
2.      I drank my 10 glasses of water
3.      I finished my workout.
The one thing I am doing better tomorrow:
1.      Getting up! Jason and I were lazy bones this morning and ran 15 minutes late.

3 comments:

  1. ALRIGHT MY DEAR!! Now I think (and I know you are) it's really time for you to take care of yourself from the inside with the Docs! You've made an appointment, great! But why in the world did you wait so long!!! Don't worry I would have plenty to say to you, only because I love you!!!! My Mom suffers from it!!!! At any rate, when she has her "attacks", she gets really weak and can barely function. I'm a really bad daughter...I don't remember if she's on any meds or anything like that...OMG when she gets back from her cottage I need to catch up with her on that! She does not talk to much about it and I'm not the kind of person who likes to push but always there to listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for opening up, Carey! I will be praying that the doctors find the problem and CORRECTLY solve the issue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the prayers! It went great and I did get a diagnosis. I am looking forward to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete