Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 42 - Still Sore

I had the best workout yesterday. It was Lower Body and I changed it up. Instead of doing squats for my first five, I did lunges. I am so sore today! My butt and the back of my legs are sore. Tomorrow is cardio and I really enjoyed the break today.

Yesterday was cheat day and I did really well not eating too much. We started out the morning with cheddarwurst (cheddar filled sausages) mixed with eggs in a flour tortilla and lots of coffee with creamer. Love that. While I was cooking breakfast I was munching on some sweet/spicy cajun nut mix I found at Target. I also chomped on some chocolate covered fruits. Later we had leftover pizza for lunch and a couple of beers.
Later that afternoon we went to a friend's house for a party and I proceeded to eat to my heart's content. I decided I wanted to try some deep fried snicker bars and deep fried ice cream. Neither worked out too good but the snicker bars were really addicting. Jason wants us to try it again next week. If it works out, I will share the recipe. I also ate baked beans, potato salad, some bbq chicken. It was all good. Funny thing, I found out that I can't eat a whole bunch so I just eat a little bit of everything - that way I don't get too full. It worked out well. One piece of chicken was plenty for me. I enjoyed just munching along. When 9:00 pm came around and it was time to go to bed, I was sad. I wanted to stay up and eat!

This morning it was hard to get back into things. I was dragging and I think the fat and sugar intake yesterday made me sluggish. We had a light breakfast of our oatmeal and protein powder and one cup of black coffee. Have I mentioned how much I miss my coffee? Someday I will get to enjoy coffee again.
Lunch was left over penne pasta. It was too cute, we are teaching Ian sign language and he can sign 'more'. I couldn't getting it on his plate fast enough!

Dinner was surprisingly good - another Carey Concoction. I didn't have anything out for dinner and it was 4:30 p.m. I looked in the freezer and realized I had some frozen fish fillets. These are awesome and super easy to whip up a dinner in no time.

Funky Dunky Fish - Serves 2

1 fish fillet on a piece of aluminum foil
8 brussel sprouts - quartered

¼ red bell pepper, chopped
¼ yellow bell pepper, chopped

3 sun dried tomatoes, chopped
¼ cup frozen corn

¼ to ½ tsp cajun seasoning

Lay the aluminum foil out and place the fish in the center. Drizzle maybe ½ tsp oil over top (I only put a couple of drops). Top it with the vegetables and sprinkle the seasoning. Fold the sides of the foil up and roll the top of the foil down to make a package. The steam must remain inside to cook the fish, so make sure there are no holes. Place it in the 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. Perfection. I served with my roti bread. Yum. Even my son ate it!
Can't believe we are already into week 7. The hump is over and we are on the downhill slide. It passes faster than we realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment