Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 37 - Picking Up Steam

Yesterday I fell asleep at 7:30 p.m. and did not have a chance to write my blog. I guess I am still catching up on sleep I missed this weekend. You would think with all that extra sleep I would be able to get up easier at 4:30 this morning. You are wrong. I found it to be the most difficult morning yet to get out of bed. It was 5:00 a.m. before I made it into the garage - 15 minutes later than usual. Normally I pull this on days I have cardio, today was lifting. Ugh. I knew I had to kick it into gear to keep my day on time.

I didn't rest at all between my sets and managed to finish strong in about 30 minutes. Jason has started to incorporate an ab routine every day. I thought about mixing up my routine to hit my problem areas. I am torn as I want to see if the diet will prove what it promises. I have hit the halfway week and there are six more weeks to go. I have to fight that desire to have results RIGHT NOW! Good things take time and I know my problem areas are not going to go away overnight. I need to focus on the positive results and trust the problem areas will eventually diminish but it will take time.

I didn't eat that great today as I forgot lunch. This morning was eggs, onions and bell peppers with a piece of toasted bread and black coffee. We were short on egg beaters today so I added one whole egg to the mix to make it ¾ cup. I make our eggs together now and I just give him two helpings to my one. I had my snack late of black beans with salsa and a wasa cracker. Then I left for the store and never ate lunch. This late afternoon I had ½ protein bar. For dinner I had leftover marsala pork. This evening I am eating the rest of my protein bar.

Today was a stressful day as my son was more whiny than usual. As a result I needed a glass of wine this evening. All is well now.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just hate those days where you feel like everything is going against you? The good thing is that the day ends and tomorrow is another day!!! I love that! Don't beat yourself up! Don't stress over your problem areas, stress helps you keep them! Just do your best Carey as you're already doing and it will come. We live in a society where we want things NOW...BEAT that feeling! I have too as well. I did not get on the scale for the past 2 weeks and got on it yesterday and lost 4 lbs to my surprise! Hang in there, we are all human! Love you xoxox

    ReplyDelete