Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Deciding on What to Write About

When I was nursing, I had a lot of time to think about writing a book. I knew I wanted to write an inspirational and motivational book. I thought of the different kinds of personal experiences one could encounter that might motivate them to want an inspiring book. One of those was being laid off. Hmmm. I wonder if there have been any large layoffs over the past 10 years. I did an Internet search and BAM..I found it..ENRON. The ten-year-anniversary is coming up on December 3, 2011. I can’t believe it has already been 10 years. I started to read some books to familiarize myself with the subject. I read ‘Conspiracy of Fools’ and ‘Smartest Guys in the Room.’ Both these books were written by investigative reporters that compiled tons and tons of data to write those books. I felt they were the most accurate and could give me the basic knowledge about why Enron went down. It made me sick when I was finished. It was awful to see the extent of greed and selfishness that permeated itself within those walls. So many people lost everything and a few made out like bandits. It was a story that needed a happy ending. I decided to write the book about how those who were most impacted by the bankruptcy managed to pick up and build a better life.
Next, I talk about how I found my candidates.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete