Monday, July 18, 2011

New Challenge - Write a Book

I am ready to announce to my world, I am writing a book. I have hardly talked about before now but now that chapter 1 is finished, I am ready to share my experience. The process leading up to this day has been long and not without its challenges.  So instead of a fitness challenge, I welcome you to walk with me as I attempt to publish my first book, alone.

The idea came when my son was a little baby. I had quit my job to be a stay-at-home mom. I have always had an entrepreneurial spirit, and forever dreaming up the next big money making idea. It was a source of much entertainment for my husband and friends. To me it was frustrating. I wanted so bad to find success, at least the success I had always dreamed about. For me, all I have encountered is failure. Okay, failure is a bad word, really difficult and life-altering learning experiences. How is that for a positive spin?

In 2007, I closed a business I had developed myself and invested over $100,000 into. It was everything I had saved, everything I had ever owned. It was all gone. I was penniless. I was angry with myself over my inability to build my business. I always felt I was so close, yet so far away from that breakthrough I so badly needed. It wasn’t to be. I realize now it had to happen so that I could become who I needed to be. It was a very humbling experience, but only the first of many to come. It brought me down from my arrogant pedestal and more in line with the normal population. It is amazing to think back on who I used to be and how I used to act. I am surprised I lasted as long as I did, it was downright dangerous.

As I developed into the more low-key me, I met my husband. He completes me and together we are an awesome team. As I make progress, he is my support system and my cheerleader. I am so lucky to have him.

So I welcome you to walk me down my path to getting my book published. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, that is really cool. I can totally relate, having launched my own enterprise in 2001 and putting so much of myself into it and nearly reaching "escape velocity" from the Earth's gravity. Unfortunately, it was an EPIC FAIL, costing me dearly - essentially the marriage. Very sad indeed. However, the idea never died. It could not die. It just went into hibernation and continues its continual-improvement lifecyle to this day. It was so cool to discover ITIL last year as part of the journey. Glad to know a couple of winners like you and Jason. Keep up your inspirations.

    By the way, the mother of my children was a stay-at-home mom. I totally supported that and teased her about it, calling it "deluxe day care." Those were among the best years of our lives, and I have plenty of video and audio clips and still images to prove it.

    Ciao,
    Ted Morris

    ReplyDelete