Saturday, November 6, 2010

Inspired by A Quote

This morning I happened across this quote and I smiled.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
  -
Douglas Adams
I was reminded about the other day when my phone rang. It was someone I used to know. He was sharing with me a big new business venture he was getting into and it was set to go GLOBAL! He wanted to know if I wanted to get involved. No thank you. I wished him well and hung up the phone. I was surprised to find I wasn’t even tempted. I really didn’t care to get involved. I was perfectly happy being a stay-at-home mom with a baby, two cats and a husband. My worth no longer revolved around how much money I made or how many hours of work I put in today. The stress is gone to succeed, succeed, succeed!
Not I mean to put down anyone who does have that kind of life, but I realized I was no longer that person. Ian and I are on a schedule and life is very predictable. I was not always like this. My life used to revolve around 16 hour days, using or 3,000 minutes on my cell phone each month and wondering when the next deal was going to close. I never considered myself successful and I was constantly depressed. Then I got married.
My husband was very clear about me not pursuing any business deals while we were married. He hated the person I became when a deal went south. He couldn’t bear to see me so low and not be able to do anything about it. I agreed. I was tired. Although there was a small part of me that still wanted to make MILLIONS, I knew it was not to be, at least not right now.
After I hung up the phone I grabbed Ian and gave him a huge kiss. He laughed and drooled all over me (got to love teething). While I don’t hold business meetings or spend my day researching anymore, I am happier than I could ever imagine. I used to think I would hate being at home, but I couldn’t imagine life any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment