Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Inspired by Voting Results

I am continually in awe over the power of the Internet. I am still in my 30’s and can remember the “olden” days before Internet came to be. I can remember having to wait days for official election results. Right now I sit at my computer hitting the refresh button and seeing the most current election results. I can only imagine what our founding fathers would think if they even knew the power we have today. I mean, women and blacks are voting! It is still crazy for me to think that just 90 years ago (1920) the passage of the 19th Amendment to the United States Constitution granted "The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any other state on the account of sex.”
I am inspired to know that as a woman not only can I vote, I can run for office, I can divorce my husband and I can work. All these things were nearly inconceivable over 100 years ago. I am inspired by the possibility of what is to come! Imagine one day 100% registered voter turnout! Imagine a capable government resulting from electing candidates based on qualifications and beliefs rather than party line and their campaign fund!
I am an independent voter. I am hoping the trend catches on!
MOTIVATIONAL CHALLENGE: Get registered to vote and make a difference for our future. If you don't vote, you don't have the right to complain!

No comments:

Post a Comment