Monday, March 18, 2013

What? No Coffee?


This morning as I tasted my breakfast and remarked, “Hmm, I think I like my shake a little thicker.”

Jason laughed and said, “I don’t think anyone has ever said that about formula before, are you becoming a connoisseur?”

I laughed, “Yes, I guess I am!”

So I think the right amount for one meal is 8 scoops to every 12 ounces, or 10 scoops for every 16 ounces, depending on how hungry I am. Since I prefer smaller, more frequent meals, I think the 12 ounces will work best, but, ohhh, how I miss breakfast.

Today I made pancakes and sausage for my son Ian. The pan was nice and hot which made the patty sizzle as it hit the surface. Within moments the familiar aroma of breakfast began to make its way to my nose. I smiled knowing that in a few weeks I might be able to eat it again; such a small sacrifice to make for a big return.

I think this morning was the first morning where I didn’t curse myself for giving up coffee. I was still tired but I didn’t dread facing the day without my steaming cup of java. I wonder what other fascinating facts I will learn about myself. I mean, facing life without coffee in the morning? Wow, that is crazy talk!

The other big change brought on by this diet is our dining habits. Eating together is very important to me, that is, until I can’t eat. Now, Jason and Ian eat together and I do dishes or breastfeed Patrick. It makes me sad that I write this as my family enjoys one of my favorite dishes, but again, it is for a good cause and for a short time.

No comments:

Post a Comment