Thursday, September 23, 2010

Action Minus Thought Equals Motivation

I am staring at a half-ironed shirt as my son plays with his activity center on the floor. Where is my motivation? My head aches and my body is exhausted. My goal is to iron three shirts this morning - I haven't made it past the first one. But as I take a break from my morning, I reflect on everything I did do today: I cooked breakfast for my husband, made his lunch, cleaned up the kitchen, started my blog, fed my son, gave him a bath and got him dressed for the day. It is 10:00 a.m. and I am finally taking a moment for myself. Now that I think about it, I did a lot today! If I spend too much time thinking about what I need to do, nothing gets done.

Action gets me motivated. Too many times we need to feel like doing something before we get motivated to do it. If I waited till I felt like ironing, my husband would forever be wearing wrinkled shirts! So I get up and turn the iron back on and tell myself to just put iron to shirt and stop thinking about it!

MOTIVATIONAL CHALLENGE: Do ONE thing that you have been putting off doing and see how exhilarating it is. Shirts...HERE I COME!

No comments:

Post a Comment