Monday, September 27, 2010

Inspire Others and Inspire Yourself

My life is super busy and sometimes I don't have the time to sit and chat with everyone I know. But I find much of my inspiration comes from talking with others. I am so excited to hear about someone’s goals and aspirations. Yesterday, my sister-in-law tells me she is thinking about writing a book, or ten for that matter. Seems she can't find the inspiration to get one started, as she has so many different ideas. I continued to think about her dilemma throughout the afternoon.
I currently am writing a book proposal and was looking through the list of recent book deals on PublishersWeekly.com. I kept coming across announcements of deals for young adult books. I remembered my sister-in-law once talked about wanting to write children's books. I sent her a quick email along with some words of encouragement. I told her to focus on her best idea and get it submitted. I also sent a copy of a recent book deal in which the author received a few hundred thousand dollars for a book series.
Today, I seem to be really tired and not ready for the week to start. (I know I am not the only one who hates Mondays!) My husband wakes me up and informs me my son is ready to get up. Oh, where is the snooze button on babies?? I make breakfast but it feels like I am moving in slow motion. Coffee isn't helping. My husband leaves for work and I decide to delay my morning by checking my email.
The first email waiting for me is from my sister-in-law. She expresses her excitement over the information I sent. After every sentence I read, I can feel myself getting excited too. She ends with the promise of putting words to paper and the words ‘Thank You’. All of a sudden I am pumped! (The coffee seems to have just kicked in) What goes around comes around. So send out some inspiration and see what comes back to you!
MOTIVATIONAL CHALLENGE: Find your inspiration today by inspiring others. Keep your ears and eyes open for opportunities to encourage others. Report back on what it did for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment