Sunday, January 2, 2011

Inspired by a Fussy Baby

Usually my son takes a good nap in the morning and afternoon. Yesterday he did not want to nap at all. I tried three times to put him down in the morning only to have him cry, cry, cry. He maybe had a 20 minute nap. I thought for sure by the afternoon, he would be down for the count. Not so fast Momma. He was super fussy and cried every time I put him down. I knew he couldn’t go without two naps, so I decided to put him in the stroller and take a walk.
It had been a while since I had been outside for a walk. Since the weather turned cold, I have been too wimpy to get out in the elements. But I bundled up my baby and we left for a nice hour walk. True to form, he fell asleep after the first 10 minutes. We continued to walk for an hour and I realized it had been too long since I had exercised last.
There was a spring in my step and a smile on my face. By the time we got home both Mom and baby were in a spectacular mood. I had so much energy and began to fix dinner. I thought, we should eat healthy tonight. Okay, so that didn’t really happen, I fixed home fries. (But we did have grilled chicken and salad to go along with it!) I had been putting off a few projects but with my new found enthusiasm, I tackled them without delay.
It was late by the time I got to sleep. I still had energy pulsing through my veins but I was delightfully tired, instead of my usual exhaustion. I woke up today refreshed and ready to go. I am so happy that my baby was fussy yesterday or I might not have gone for my walk. While exercising more regularly is on my New Year’s resolution list, I was not looking forward to it. That is until now, I got to get more this!

No comments:

Post a Comment