Thursday, January 27, 2011

Inspired to Clean My House

We recently found out we are going to have another baby and are very excited about the new addition to our family. Since Ian arrived, our home has transformed itself from being our home to our son's home. The toys have taken over the living room and every piece of furniture deemed unsafe has been donated or sold. Strangely, our home has also become smaller. With the promise of a new baby comes the realization that space is no longer ample.
I listen to Joyce Meyer preach on a pretty regular basis. As I was wondering what to do about our space problem, she started to talk about how God will give you what you need if you take care of what you have. He will not promote you if you are not ready and able to take on more responsibility. He will not give you a bigger home if you can't take care of the one bedroom apartment you currently have. Hmmm.
Now, I am not saying I am the best housekeeper, but things are not a total disaster. As I look around, I realize that sometimes I don't make the effort to keep it tidy every day. Yes, I have a 10 month old but that really is no excuse. I can make the bed, I can do the dishes, I can thoroughly clean one room. While I can't do it all in one day, I can do something. If I show God that I can take care of what I have, he will make that bigger home a reality.
So, off to cleaning the house I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment