Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 12 - Standing Strong

Have you ever had one of those days when all you wanted to do is shove mass amounts of food in your mouth? That is my today. Worse, it is fasting day and I am hungry. So what do I do? I buy an ice cream maker! I found a use for those left over egg yolks - gelato. My husband has said 'no' to the ice cream maker before because it makes a large quantity. His thinking was we would eat it and remain fat. Now that we have cheat day - who cares! While I do not intend to go as overboard as last week, we are eating our favorite foods on Sunday. That includes gelato. This would be my first time making it at home. It is a two day process, so I plan on starting it tomorrow.
I am super proud of myself for not cheating, there were some moments today. I keep my urges at bay by reminding myself of sweet success. Hence the ice cream. Moments of pleasure of more intense if there is waiting involved. Yes, I am still talking about food here... Foremost, I do not want to admit to my husband that I cheated, nor do I want to admit to you, but most of all I don't want to spoil my cheat day. I think it would be like looking at your Christmas gifts BEFORE Christmas. Then unwrapping is more of a formality, no fun there. I love surprises.
Today's Motivational Quote: It's the lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believe in myself. ~Muhammad Ali
Funny, but I am 100% positive we are making it to the finish line. I don't think I have ever said that about any diet I have been on after two weeks. Mostly, I wouldn't have lasted two weeks. This challenge is more than losing weight. It is about proving to myself that I have within me the self-discipline to restrict my diet for 12 weeks. That self-discipline will touch other areas of my life and that's what I am most excited about. Sure, having a body I love looking at in the mirror is a bonus, but it is how I am changing inside that keeps me motivated.
Today was my cardio workout. I pushed myself and was fully exhausted by the time I got off the bike. Really good workout.
6:30 breakfast was a western omelet.
11:00 light lunch was a protein shake
5:45pm dinner was a bowl of soup and two slices of bread.
This diet is painful on Friday's during Lent!
The three things I did well today:
1.      Stayed true to the diet regimen and my Catholic faith;
2.      Exercised with all my might; and
3.      Posted my blog.
The one thing I am doing better tomorrow:
1.      For real this time, not missing my snacks!

1 comment: