Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 24 - Fighting Fatigue

Motivational Quote: If your body is telling you to slow down, listen to it. If your body is saying you should keep going...then keep going. ~Lynn Swann

Ever have one of those days where you just want to lay down and rest? That is my today. It never fails when I feel tired, I also feel hungry and not for good food. I want that gooey, yummy mess that only comes from something really high in sugar and fat. My friend Miche reminds me not to cheat now, if I do it comes easier to give in next time. Very true. Anytime you compromise or lie to yourself, it only hurts the first time. As with everything, it gets easier to do it the next time. This has been my life, compromising on my goals and dreams and lying to myself about why it happened. There are always "reasons" but underneath it all is me, like it or not.

This morning was cardio. Seems like my cardio days are harder than my lifting days. Today I could tell I could push past the resistance and I finished strong. The ability to differentiate between a good push and a bad push is critical. A bad push can cause injury, extreme soreness and be emotionally draining. A good push can be exhilarating and build your muscles. Most people don't listen to their bodies enough to be able to identify the exact feeling. It isn't easy but with practice you and your body can be onboard together.

Too tired to post what I ate or anything else tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment