Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 8 - Back on Track

It is now clear to me that I never really committed to the Body for Life diet when I attempted before. I would have remembered my lovely cheat day, that's for sure! I am a little bummed today. I mean, if cheat day is not going to be that enjoyable, it is really going to take the pleasure out of eating. Jason and I talked about not going so overboard next week. That might help, we will see.
Jason and I weren't exactly up and at 'em this morning. Ian woke up at 2:30, 3:30 and then shortly after 4:30. Needless to say neither one of us really slept good. I was late getting my workout started because he woke up with an overflowing diaper...again. Guess the bigger sized diaper didn't help. I find I have to chant the entire way through my cardio, but I didn't want to die when I got off the bike. I see that as progress.
Coincidently the success journal today talked about exercising one's inner strength. The quote read "the last thing you want to do is often the first thing you need to do." How true. I sure didn't feel like exercising nor did I feel like cooking or cleaning or anything else for that matter. I did get a short burst of energy after I completed my workout, but that wore off by 8. Bill promises the more I exercise my inner strength, the more energetic I will become. Wish that could be today.
I have started to see slight, subtle changes in our bodies. I am seeing some definition in places missing it before, could it be true?? I think it is too early to tell, so I am holding off on celebrating. I seem to be a bit out of energy today. I think I am still recovering from yesterday.
Breakfast was a Western Omelet at 6:10.
Snack was a ½ protein bar at 9:00.
Lunch was Summer Pork (recipe a few days back, pulled left-overs out of the freezer) at 12:00.
Snack was other ½ protein bar at 4:00.
Dinner was another Carey Concoction, I call it Chicken Pico De Gallo
2 tsp oil
½ onion, chopped
½ green bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup shredded white chicken meat
2 cups cooked black beans (15 oz can will also do)
2 - 16 oz cans fire roasted chopped tomatoes
½ cup frozen corn
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
½ tsp black pepper
Heat oil in pan, cook the onion and bell pepper until translucent. Add garlic and chicken and stir for about a minute. Add rest of the ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes.
I ate it with my 2 slices of flat bread I attempted a few days back. This time I did have some success. I am still working on it, I think I need to knead the dough longer. It did work better after I stopped squashing the dough so thin.
It made five slices total, our servings are two each. Our son ate part of one and that left about half of it sitting and looking at me. I tried to throw it away but it ended up in my mouth. I figured I have to own up to it if I do it. Jason gave me the lecture of how that was a "slippery slope." Got it. To make up for it, I didn't have any fruit with my evening shake, just protein.
The three things I did really well today:
1.      Exercised, gave it my all!
2.      Cooked a good dinner.
3.      Wrote my blog.
The one thing I am doing better tomorrow:
1.      Making sure I drink those 10 glasses!
I have my workout all planned for tomorrow and I am off to bed, super tired!


No comments:

Post a Comment