Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 13 - Better Late Than Never

Motivational Quote: There is only so much physical energy and resilience in the body. If you go beyond a certain point, you're in trouble. ~Bill Rodgers
Today I felt exhausted. The alarm went off but I remained in bed. I didn't preplan the night before and I was able to self talk myself out of getting up. There were a multitude of reasons (aka excuses) I used for not getting out of bed. The primary one being that I hadn't preplanned and I didn't know where everything was, it was dark and I didn't want to wake my husband, etc...  The list goes on. I allowed the worst of me to get the better of me. The only thing stopping me from declaring today our cheat day was the ice cream isn't ready. Sad, but it got me to stick to today.
Then my procrastination enabled my husband to then procrastinate when he got up. We stayed true to the eating regimen and I decided to work off my breakfast before working out. I went about doing some much needed yard work and came in to put Ian down for his morning nap. I told myself I was working out when Ian went down, no matter what. I did.
The first five minutes was the hardest because I had fed the procrastination weed. I call it a weed, for one I was pulling them, for two I hate them, and three I can't think of anything else to call it. Anyway, the desire to not work out was overwhelming. I shut out my thoughts and continued to rack the weight. Once I had finished my squats, I knew I was good.
Maybe it was sheer exhaustion but I haven't exactly been pushing myself beyond my limits. I have been listening to my body, and I follow my routine. I think preplanning has more power than I gave it credit. If I go through all the effort of preplanning my workout, I might as well do it or else that time was wasted. I need to not wait until the end of the day to preplan, I think that needs to happen in the morning when I am fresh and full of energy. Good thing tomorrow is an official cheat day, no workout.
Lower Body Workout:
QUADS: Squat first five, Front Squat last one;
HAMSTRINGS: Leg Curls first five, Dumbbell lunges last one; (I had to reduce the weight to keep my form correct on the leg curls. While I never hit true a "10" I was able to prevent me using other muscles to help finish)
CALVES: Calf Raise first five, One-Leg Calf Raise last one;
ABS: Leg Raises first five, Twist Crunches last one.
7:30 Breakfast was western omelet and a cup of coffee. Sucked, mine had grounds in it.
9:30 snack of protein shake and a grapefruit.
12:00 lunch was salmon salad with dry toast. (Left over salmon over a mix of salad greens sold at the store covered in plain balsamic vinegar and dry toast)
2:30 snack was protein shake and grapefruit
5:30 dinner was fajitas.
Chicken Fajitas
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Place into a bag to marinate and add:
2 tsp crushed oregano
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp Garlic Pepper
1 TBLS Lime juice
1 TBLS Tequila
½ cup water
Normally when I make this, I use beer but today I just added water. I allowed it to marinate for 30 minutes. You could do longer. When ready, discard marinade and place chicken on grill to cook.
While grill is heating up, cut up 1 red pepper, 1 green pepper and ½ red onion. Cover with 1 tsp oil and 1 tsp Garlic Pepper and 1 tsp Lemon Pepper. Cook alongside chicken until done to your liking. I tend to like mine well done.
When ready to eat, cut the chicken and eat it with the peppers wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla. We ate two. It was good!
8:30 evening snack was strawberry protein shake. We ran out of chocolate protein and it isn't as good with vanilla.
I really excited about eating tomorrow, I made some homemade Gelato tonight so it would be ready tomorrow.
Three things I did well today:
1.      Exercised;
2.      Ate according to my regimen, even my snacks!
3.      Visualized success.
One thing I am doing tomorrow:
1.      Nothing, I am enjoying a day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment